"The world's largest fly fishing only tournament"
Registration for the 2017 Cheeky Schoolie Tournament is CLOSED
To get on the waitlist, you must complete all three steps below. Your registration fee will be refunded in full if we are unable to get you into the tournament.
1) Submit your Waitlist Form (one per team)
2) Submit your Payment ($120 per team, $60 per person)
3) Submit your Waiver (each person)
2017 Tournament Info:
FRIDAY, MAY 19TH:
5:00pm - 7:00pm: West Dennis Beach
Kismet Outfitters Women's Meetup. Cheeky Ambassador Abbie Schuster of Kismet Outfitters will be hosting a women's only Schoolie Tournament Meetup on Friday before the tourney kicks off. The women's meetup will include casting lessons, practice, knot tying, and tournament strategies. Equipment can be provided and the event is free! Please RSVP to email@example.com.
7:00pm - 10:00pm: Location Announced Soon
Costa Kick Off Party. Costa Del Mar and Cheeky Fishing have teamed up to host a Friday night party to kick off the 2017 Cheeky Schoolie Tournament. The party begins at 7:00pm and all tournament participants and friends/family are encouraged to join for a night of food, beverage and prizes. (Divulge tourney tips at your own risk).
SATURDAY, MAY 20TH:
5:15am - 6:00am: West Dennis Beach Parking Lot
Captain's Meeting: All teams are required to check-in at the West Dennis Beach Parking Lot in Dennis, MA to receive a Captain's Bag, Tournament Tape Measure and Photo Puck (both team members must be present). Teams will not be eligible to enter scores unless they have checked in. There will be a mandatory and brief Captain's Meeting at 6:00am sharp, after which teams may leave the parking lot and begin fishing.
6:00am - 2:30pm: Anywhere on Cape Cod
Tournament open: No fishing before 6:00am or after 2:30pm.
2:00pm - 5:00pm: Swan River Restaurant
Scorecard Submission: All teams must report back to Swan River Restaurant prior to 2:30pm to submit an eligible scorecard. Scorecards will not be accepted after 2:30pm.
3:00pm: Swan River Restaurant
Award Ceremony and Raffle: Thousands of dollars in prizes will be handed out to the top three teams and winners of other prize categories. There will also be a raffle for all tournament participants with chances to win reels, rods, gear and more.
- Teams of two, must stay together
- Shore/wade fly fishing only. No boats, motors, paddles, flippers, swimming, etc.
- Catch and photo release only
- Team with the most total inches wins (top four striped bass)
- Boundaries: Anywhere on Cape Cod
- Must check in at Captain's Meeting. No fishing before 6:00am. SUBMIT SCORECARD BY 2:30pm
- Must complete, sign and submit a Tournament Waiver
- Each team may enter up to four fish
- All measurements should be in inches (to the quarter of an inch) and be measured from the tip of the nose to the end of the tail
- Tie Break: Longest fish; 2nd Tie Break: 2nd Longest fish; 3rd Tie Break: 3rd Longest fish. 4th Tie Break: 4th Longest fish. 5th Tie Break: Time of submission
- The top three teams will be required to show photos of their fish
- Fish must be photographed alongside official Tournament Tape Measure and Photo Puck
- Tape measure inch marks must be legible in photograph or fish will be disqualified
- Cheeky has full discretion on all rules, fish measurement, fish submission, disqualification and final scoring. No exceptions.
Over $5,000 in prizes will be up for grabs! Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers, as well as other Grand Prize categories, will be announced soon. There are several ways your team can win prizes (not just for the top placing teams), including a raffle after the awards.
For those of you coming in from out of town, here are a few nearby lodging options:
Blue Water Resort
Travel Lodge Cape Cod Area
Ambassador Inn and Suites
Clarion Inn Cape Cod